Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Review: Power Rangers Samurai - Retrofire Clawzord

Again, 
Saban: Power Rangers/ Power Rangers Samurai, Super Samurai :: Toei: Super Sentai 33/ Samurai Sentai Shinkenger
So the Clawzord now, the DaikaiOh piloted by the Gold Ranger Antonio or Shinken Gold, Umemori Genta. I like this figure and I saw a review and I had to get it. I like Genta and I barely know Antonio. I believe this is the South Mode Mixed with East Mode, lets move on to the Review.

Figure/Detail/Articulation/Scaling
The figure is nice, It has a lot of detail, just lacks paint, the orange back piece is removable. Without the Swords it looks like its supposed to except without the blades on his back.
The face looks great, sadly it can't switch so its stuck as East. The articulation is good, having most of the Retrofire joints: Ball jointed head, arms move forward and back, in and out. The legs go back and forth, bend at the knee and have ankle articulation, the wrists can move and the legs rotate at the thigh. For some reason the piece between the arm and the hand can also rotate separately. The waist rotates aswell,, no elbow articulation. The paint is pretty good, it has nice gold paint.
It looks great next to the Samurai Megazord

Accessories
The accessories are the swords, that's it, the back is removable too but It was already attached. They're molded in orange plastic and the blades are painted silver. Nicely sculpted I must say.
The figure can also be posed in many ways with the Swords.

Alterations

Since the shoulder pieces are removable you can do this.
This hole is used for the sides of the arms but you can put the back side of the hands here.
Place properly here.
it should look like this with the hand inside the cavity of the shoulder piece.
Place the swords here in the back, careful, it might be a paint to put on. The plastic might get bent, you might wanna use tape or something sticky to place on the back so you don't bend plastic.
You will get an East Clawzord with Claws.

Dislikes and Would Likes

Not really much to dislike about the figure, I would  want elbow articulation though. Some more paint too BOA.

Overall

Overall it's a nice figure like all of the retrofires, you can pose him and it will look good with your Samurai collection, along with the Samurai Megazord and rangers.

Gold Power!

No comments:

Post a Comment