Power Rangers Samurai, It was one of those shows that I watched and stopped watching after a while. I watched the first couple episodes and when it was announced I said, "Oh, new Power Rangers show, I'm going to watch it, I haven't watched it in a while since Mystic Force, I guess I'll give it a go." I watched about 4-7 episodes and then stopped completely. It was before I knew about sentai, later on I watched Shinkenger, one of the most epic things ever and I watched the ending of Super Samurai, the Shogun fight was AMAZING! Anyways, Saban's Power Rangers Samurai and Super Samurai are the adaptations of Toei's 33rd Super Sentai Series, Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. This is the Samurai Megazord and the counterpart is Shinken-Oh. I got this figure before I knew the existence of the Super Robot Chogokin one and Super Sentai, I got it when I began to like Tokusatsu and Anime more and when I started Collecting. I love this figure, so lets get onto the review.
Figure/Scale/Articulation
The figure is really nice keeping the Retrofire style, of course that means it's stylized. It has all the necessary detail to look like the Samurai Megazord and paint applications except for the back. It stands about 6 inches tall. The articulation goes as follows: Ball jointed head, the Left arm just swivels forward and back, the elbow moves on the left arm, the hands rotate. The Right arm can go forward and back and in and out. No elbow articulation and a yes to the wrist articulation, cut only, no ball joint. The legs go in and out, forward and back. The knees bend and the necks of the Dragon and Bear zords can move up and down. The waist rotates and the legs too at the thigh. You can pose him anyway you like.
Accessories
The accessories are the shield and the sword.
The sword is nicely detailed and its molded on a gray plastic.
It also has the little carvings of the lion, dragon and bear.
You can put the sword in one of the two sheaths on the side of the figure.
The shield if molded in black plastic and two pieces glued together, nicely detailed too.
The back has a handle and its kinda hollow.
The arm has a hole and you can place the handle there.
Or you can have him hold it in his hand, the grip is loose but possible.
He can also hold the sword.
Detail
The detail on the figure is actually pretty nice, I don't mind the stylized look it has, it makes it look very cool. The helmet and the arms have the detail and even the lion, dragon and bear heads are nicely detailed.
Dislikes and Would Likes
And of course I dislike a couple things, the lack of elbow articulation on the right arm and the lack of paint on the inner legs and minor paint application inaccuracies. I woulda liked some more paint, a little more attention to detail and that's about it, not much.
Overall
Overall it's a really nice figure, of course, and I love how it looks, you can just place him with your other figures, Shinkenger and Samurai. He just completes the look and you can easily place him behind the Mega Mode Samurai figures for effect. It's one of my favorites and I play with it often. That's it.
Go Go Samurai!
















No comments:
Post a Comment