Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Review: Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (II)- Movie Monster Series Mechagodzilla (Bandai 2001)

Mechagodzilla 93, which has absolutely no connection with Showa Mechagodzilla, which had a sequel called "Terror Of Mechagodzilla" I believe. Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (II) Is one of my favorite Heisei Films from the Godzilla Series and I absolutely adore it, it's one of those films which I like to watch over and over again. Mechagodzilla was created by the U.N.G.C.C., the United Nations Godzilla Countermeasure Center to defeat Godzilla. It's made out of some special alloy that allows it to absorb Godzilla's heat beams and fire it back through a cannon in it's belly. Nevertheless, I love the design and It's nice and smooth and shiny, you know, the 90's Robot design (with some exceptions). Let's move on.

Figure

The detail is pretty nice, and it does have some silver wash here and there. It's eyes are colored yellow, the face looks pretty accurate and it has all the other bits, the scales on the back are small like the Showa Mechagodzilla and like the Showa one it has a small tail. The mouth is closed so you can't really pull of a roaring or shooting beam pose during play time but you can imagine it.
 The feet are detailed in the bottom which is pretty sweet. The tail has some copyright info and the name in Katakana. The feet are rather large and they look a little odd.
It has a total of 4 points of articulation and one glue seal which is at the waist. Both arms move and the head does too.
There is also a joint on the tail which serves no purpose but just to be there.

Tag

The front of the tag has "Monster Movie Series" with copyright information, and a 2004 50th anniversary sticker. The Front has a really nice picture of Mechagodzilla with a simple pose which you can pull off with the figure.
Inside it has some stats, 120 meters, 15,000 tons and such and more info about other things.

Dislikes and Would Likes

The feet, they're too large and I would like some black paint in the joints.

Overall

I really like this toy, it is very fun to play with an serves as a nice display piece for 1993 shelf along with my Kibaranger Chogokin and Ryuuranger Ranger key. The vinyls aren't really that expensive and this one was about 20 dollars I think, I don't remember. He's made of a soft vinyl so he would be a nice present to a very young child. The Monsterarts is a lot better but it does have it's share of issues. I find myself playing with this one a lot more than the significantly expensive and more fragile Monsterarts Collectible.

No comments:

Post a Comment