Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review: Power Rangers Samurai - 4" Red Samurai Ranger Mega Mode [Wave 1]

I've mentioned before about how I started to watch Power Rangers Samurai when it came out and stopped after 7 episodes. It's not that's its bad, it's just that wasn't into Power Rangers that much when that came out. After Mystic Force Ended I just didn't really get into Power Rangers that much, Operation Overdrive I had watched until the "Once A Ranger" Episodes and like one Episode of Jungle Fury. I stumbled upon Super Sentai After watching "History Of Power Rangers" by Linkara on JEFusion. Well at least the 2nd I had stumbled upon Sentai... more on that some other time. I like these suits, I had no idea about Shinkenger so I didn't care for the fact that these suits are Saban only. They're honestly pretty cool and the suits are freaking awesome! So adapted from Samurai Sentai Shinkenger it keeps a lot of things and removed a bit such as the Kuroko. I hate Octoroo btw and most of the villain's voices. Let's move on.

Figure

The figure is really nice, It's articulated nicely keeping the basic points of articulation, the Design of the suit is awesome with Armour resembling the Dragon Shield. Some metal studs here and there and has a very "mechanical" or "SIC" look too it. The helmets have mouthplates and are stylized.

Accessories

Not much here aside from the Mega Blade and the Fire Smasher. 
The Mega Blade is nicely detailed and just looks great, it's molded in gray plastic and not painted at all but it's still nice.
It can be held and it can peg on the side of the belt via "holster." Unfortunately no folded Mega Blade so that's a shame.
The Fire Smasher is nicely detailed aswell but has its share of innacuracies. The blade and some other bits. It's molded in Red and has a painted silver blade. It keeps most of the molding to make it look like the Rekka Daizantou.
It's a very very big sword so it's going to be difficult to pose him in other ways without a stand or having to hold him.

Differences: Shinkenger Suit - Mega Mode Suit

As you should be able to tell, this suit it completely different from the Shinkenger suits used during out of mecha scenes and only used for inside mecha scenes.
The helmet is different and the white lining is silver, the "Strap" is there and the long arm covers are just cuffs. The addition of the Armour and the patterned cloth under. The studs on the knees and different boots.
The back has the shiled and the "Samurai" Helmet like helmet.
Very very different but it's a very nice design and It's nice to have there.

Likes and Would Likes

Not much, Lack of Paint and Changes to the Fire Smasher, plus lack of folded Mega Blade.

Overall 

Overall a very nice figure, not bad at all. It's a nice Saban created thing for Power Rangers and I absolutely love it, it was one my first figures which I had originally bought for Reviewing by which I did... but It's still a very nice figure. Nice to have along the regular Samurai one and the scaling is pretty good to put in front of your Megazord.


No comments:

Post a Comment