Total Pageviews

Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: Power Rangers Megaforce - Robo Knight Power Ranger

So, Power Rangers Megaforce returned from it's Hiatus of several months, nevertheless, the episode "Man and Machine" wasn't the best, but wasn't the worst either. It was a little cheesy, even for Power Rangers and a little difficult to watch. It was still a cool episode due to a couple things, one being the Gosei Great Grand Megazord and another being Robo Knight himself. I love the designs of Goseiger and Gosei Knight's Knightly look so I like Robo Knight and I also like his voice. I think a little over a week ago I got this, or was it less than a week ago... anyways, We a have a knight to save the day.

It also would have been cool to have him keep the "It's my turn"
Robo Knight, you coulda shot the monster while you were saying this...

Figure

Yes, I love Gosei Knight and I love the design so it's pretty obvious that I'll like Robo Knight. It keeps all the details from the suit with a couple exceptions.
The back is kinda sorta painted. Why kinda sorta? well, the back of the belt is painted in a very nice gold but the plate on the back isn't painted silver, also it's missing the detailing of the underside of the "barrel" or the header port. The upside is that is does have the "hole" that the Groundion or Lion Zord have on the back. Also the "silver" is a little inconsistent, the top half of the arms are molded in gray plastic and the bottom half is molded in black but with very nice silver paint. The top half of the legs are molded in black and painted silver, the bottom half are molded in gray with black paint.
The detail on the "Lion Armor" is very nicely detailed, the helmet is also detailed nicely and has a very nice silver look. The neck is accurately black and it does not look buff since it has armor on top. The teeth of the Lion Zord are also there. The hands are also painted which is surprising, the fingers are also painted which is awesome!
The helmet has the "Gosei" symbol on the head which is printed on rather than molded on.

Accessories

So you get the Robo Blade in both forms and the Robo Morpher, a card and a Robo Knight.

Robo Morpher

It's pretty detailed, its in a dull bronze color rather than shiny gold.
Can be kinda sorta held.
The Morpher pegs on the only hole on the side of the belt.

Robo Blade

Here's the Sword form which is pretty detailed, they could have painted the blade thought.
It can be held and it looks cool
The Gun or Blaster form is pretty nicely detailed.
Can be held and it looks awesome.

Power Card

The Robo Knight Change card which allows him to switch from Zord mode to Ranger mode. It looks cool and you can use it on the Gosei Morpher.
Here's a very bad video of me trying to show you the Scanner app on the android.
I'll find some other way to do this.

Comparison: 4" Robo Knight Power Ranger, Lion Zord/Robo Knight

Just showing you what it looks like next to the Lion Zord version, it looks a lot better and keeps the detail like the suit.

Dislikes and Would Likes

 
The picture is not related but I would have liked more paint, that's it, the figure is pretty perfect. And for accessories, maybe the Robo Blade in Vulcan Cannon Mode.

Overall

I love the figure, and I'm happy to finally have him, plus he looks amazing next to the rest of the team. He's very detailed and the armored design just looks cool, it has it's necessary details and the fingers are painted. If you like Goseiger, Power Rangers, Super Sentai or Robotic Knights, you'll like this toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment