Since I have honestly no idea what to review, I guess I'll review this, It's the 1991 8" King Ghodorah vinyl. It's basically a retool of the 1984 Showa Ghidorah but with a new set of heads. Everything but the heads is new, on the foot it even says 1984. This is supposed to represent the King Ghidorah from the 1991 Heisei Godzilla movie, Godzilla vs King Ghidorah... Truly an odd film in my opinion. It's still awesome because of the Godzilla scenes, nevertheless. The movie has Godzilla removed from History and that brings King Ghidorah, and then they try to fix it and it makes Godzilla a lot bigger. The rest will be covered later in another review, not that what I noted was very detailed or anything. Let's move on? Yes.
Figure
I wish I had the Showa one to compare but I have this one, nevertheless, it's very detailed but the tail is inaccurate since it's based on the Showa one's tails rather than the Heisei's spiky ones. The wings are also kinda small compared to the body.
The head on the figure is very nicely detailed, it has all the spikes and scales and the lizard like texture on the sculpt. The spikes look cool too and the teeth are painted silver, but the body is a very dull yellow and not gold.
The neck is painted gold and the wings have a black wash on the side. The eyes are red. Each head is articulated so you can have em facing in different ways.
The wings can also rotate so they look like they folded back.
The tail is also articulated so that's good.
The feel can also move in an odd manner but it's a nice bit of articulation.
Dislikes and Would Likes
Sadly, the body is very inaccurate but the heads are nicely sculpted, I wish It would have received new pieces rather than just the head. Also the lack of Gold for the Golden Dragon.
Overall
It's still a fantastic figure, it's the only vinyl somewhat up to scale with the 6 inch line, if you like accuracy that much get the Monsterarts version but this is still great. Other representations of the Heisei King Ghidorah are 6 inch and are too small for Godzilla. Nevertheless, a good figure in my opinion.


No comments:
Post a Comment