So, today, the Legacy Power Morpher which I had been searching ever since I saw a picture of it and when it had been out on stores. and I love it. I had finally found it after months of searching, going to Toys R Us and coming back empty handed and then one day, it was there. This is the Henshin/Transformation/Morphing device that the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers use in the 1st season of Mighty Morphin up until season 3. I didn't really watch the Original Power Rangers completely but I'm planning on buying the DVDs, Anyways, they were Saban's successful attempt of adapting Super Sentai using stock footage from Toei's 16th team, Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, and I wonder what would have happened if they had adapted Jetman, a Legacy Cross Changer for last year... And if you don't like the "Power Rangers" on the Morpher, feel free to buy reprolabels, I'll be keeping it as it is. Let's-a-Move on.
![]() |
| I Have the Tyranno coin because that's my favorite Dinosaur. |
Box
I like the box, it looks nice, it has somewhat of a retro feel to it. It has a window display and shows the coins nicely and the Morpher "opened" with the Tyrannosaurus Coin. On the other side it just has the logo with the CG Ranger helmets. 15+, and the top of the box is cool.
The side has an Advert for the Armored Mighty Morphin Red Ranger, "LOOK FOR THE ARMORED MIGHTY MORPHIN RED RANGER."
The back has the prototype pictures with coins significantly different from the final product, however they look nicer as they are now.
It's a very nice box.
Morpher & Holster
The morpher itself is nicely sculpted, It's quite heavy too. It has two Die-Cast Plates. And has about 4 stickers in total, the "Power Rangers" in the front (?) and the Colored bits on the handle and on the back (?) Morpher. Black bits on the side are painted on I believe.
Instead of being a sticker the back is nicely sculpted and the only downside is the holes and other certain bits, it has Z for Zyuranger or Zordon, which ever you want. It's a very nice Gold Color and the two circles are Red, unfortunately the sides (button[s]) aren't Red.
The Holster is black and has some details. You can easily wear it on your pants and on a belt.
You can wear it like this, Having the Z showing and wear it in the back or in the front like the Zyurangers or Jason in this video, or have it in the back and just morph like the Power Rangers.
The handle comes out. It makes it easier to pull out since the handle has a small bump which pushes against
the holster to loosen up.
A closer look.
You can also have it like this, when they transform they have the side with the logo.
The Morpher opens up if you press the button.
Power Coins
You get 5 Die-Cast Power Coins with your Die-Cast Legacy Morpher and they will hurt if they fall on your foot. They are nicely detailed and have a weathered look.
The back of the coin has the original MMPR Logo.
Tyrannosaurus Power Coin
The Tyrannosaurus coin looks great, It's my favorite and the detail is really nice. It belongs to Jason and or Rocky, your pick.
Mastodon/Mammoth Power Coin
The Mammoth/Mastodon coin is probably my second favorite, I like the design. The coin belongs to Zack or Adam.
Triceratops Coin
My 3rd favorite... wait a minute, I'm doing these in order... oh well. I like the look of this, Triceratops are probably my 2nd favorite dinosaur. This belongs to Billy and only Billy.
Tiger/ Saber tooth Tiger
In my opinion this coin was weird and still is, The suit looks nice though. The teeth on the coin look awesome. The coin belongs to Trini and Aisha and remember, she's a Boi in Japan.
Pteradon/Pteroractyl Coin
This coin is my least favorite, it just doesn't look that great in my opinion. It is nicely sculpted though, The coin belongs to Kimberly and Katherine "Kat."
It does open up and look great with a coin inside it.
Gimmick/Electronics
It has a button and it plays the MMPR Theme instrumental, its not just the official MMPR theme instrumental, Its a new version I think. It also has four lights and they flash. You just have to hold down the button in order to play the theme and can be bothersome.
Dislikes and Would Likes
The holding down of the button is annoying and that's the only issue, other than that its perfect.
Overall
Overall, In my opinion this is one of the best things I've ever bought. Even before I became a big fan I always wanted the Morpher that I saw in Power Rangers Generations (which is how I saw the Original MMPR) and finally I have one. I highly recommend you get him and my wallet will die after I buy the SDCC exclusive Gold Morpher with the Dragon and Tiger coins and the 4" Green Ranger with Tribal Coin... Oh boy.


























I don't have to hold my button down for the whole song to play. I hold it for 3 seconds it seems, and it plays the whole thing after I let go. Maybe mine is special?
ReplyDeleteIt's probably one of the more recent ones, I remember on Rangerboard that there are at least 3 versions. Mine is probably Version 2. The most recent is like the Gold Morpher which you can hold it for a bit and it plays the entire thing.
Delete