Total Pageviews

Friday, July 5, 2013

Review: Godzilla Series - Bandai Creation Godzilla (1954)

GODZILLA! Godzilla is one of my earliest memories of Tokusatsu and so is Power Rangers, I remember watching Godzilla 2000 around maybe 2002 or 03. A long time later I bought Godzilla: Final Wars which is pretty awesome, later I began getting more and more into Tokusatsu and eventually led me to the Heisei Series and the Millennium series, I only watched 1 of the earlier ones which was Gojira, the original version of the movie not the Godzilla: King of the Monsters. This was just recently though, the 1st time I saw the 1st movie in the series was Last year. Anyways, the movie was awesome, and this led to a couple other films which I really like, the 1st Gamera being one of them, I have yet to see Gamera 95. I have the 1st 10 episodes of Ultraman but haven't gotten around to watch it due to some other things (Animes and Tokus), let's get on to the review.

Figure
The figure is nicely sculpted and molded but does have a fixed pose which is pretty annoying, However, the "Updated" Look of the figure is like a stylized version of the original suit. The fins are painted in a white-ish color and the suit is a body grey.
The face is painted properly and the eyes are accurate, the mouth is painted nicely. It kinda yells out "Ouch, the damn bee stung me..." or not.
It also has the nice wrinkles which is a bonus.
The tail has a segment, two actually but only one cut is useful, the other is glued, even if it wasn't it wouldn't be able to move properly anyway.

Dislikes and Would Likes
Only minor issues, maybe a darker color for the body and no pre-fixed pose.

Overall
I love this figure, it's a nice display piece and it's beautifully detailed. That's pretty much all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment