Total Pageviews

Friday, August 23, 2013

Review: Power Rangers Megaforce - Megaforce Yellow Ranger [Wave 1]

This is Gia Morgan, the Yellow Megaforce Ranger... I haven't slept in 2 days so my mind is a little fuzzy, while I was making the comic I was intending to write "Tiger" and wrote "Ride" and "PRM- W1 Megaforce Yellow," I ended up doing this "PRM- W1 Akochan" I was even going to add the little - to Ako-chan to fix it and then I realized what I was doing... I'm losing my mind, anyways, let's talk about the Character. Gia is little miss perfect, I disagree, I can't put my finger on it but if I rewatched the aired episodes I could probably name a couple... well about the actress at least, nevertheless, Her counterpart, Moune, Gosei Yellow, was Agiri's (Gosei Black's) younger sister, so since the adaptation has something between them (Gia and Jake), I have no problem with this. Brocon, Siscon, eh. Gia is also very good friends with Emma, the pink ranger and Troy is forever alone... Her arsenal has the Land Bros, Tiger Zord, and the Tiger Claw. Let's-a-move on with the review.

Figure

Same base body as Pink, just with a repaint, the only three differences are the Tiger Claw, the Helmet all of which are very nicely sculpted. Same issue as Pink and the rest, the back of the belt isn't painted.
Yellow and gold don't really go together, so the gold symbol doesn't really stand out that much. However in the molded parts it does show a little bit. However, Yellow does go good with Black and White and the helmet looks fantastic. Saban did do a good choice when picking Gosei over Gokai for the 20th Anniversary, Gokaiger will be used but Goseiger has some similarities to Zyuranger. Black Ranger and Some of the Zords and the Armoured Extra. Plus the very obvious Yellow Tiger leg. It also has a very nicely sculpted Land symbol on the chest.
low camera quality.

Accessories

Weapons, card... that's it.
 The Morpher and Blaster can be held easily.
 Like Pink, everything here is nicely detailed. Oh and you plug in the accessories on the belt.
 The Tiger Claw is nicely detailed, it does have a hole which bothers me a bit but hey, it looks fantastic.
It's a cool weapon, specially when being used to maul your enemies faces.

Power Card

Just another Change Card, it looks good and it makes a sound in the morpher.

 Dislikes and Would Likes

 Just a little bit more attention to detail on the weapons and maybe paint.

 Overall

 It's a really nice figure, I specially like it because of the color, Yellow, it just looks nice and bright, while it doesn't mix well with Gold it does look good with White. If you're into Goseiger, Megaforce or Yellow Rangers, you might like this, if you're a cat person you might like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment