1st of all, I am very sorry for this super late review, my "equipment" was malfuctioning yesterday and I couldn't really do anything, I was ready to make this review too since I had finally gotten to the Armored Red Ranger Episode which is around episode 30. Anyways, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers is the 1st adaption of Super Sentai made by Saban, it's the 1st successful attempt, originally it was going to be some other team, I believe Bioman and the last failed attempt was Jetman, either that or they thought Dinosaurs would be more popular with the Kiddies since Dinos are better than Birds or Bird People. Saban adapted Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger which is Toei's 16th entry to the Super Sentai series. This is Jason, the leader of the Power Rangers, for now at least. Jason teaches a Karate class (You know, your average teenager) at the Youth center I believe it's called. His best friend is Zack and he and some other bunch of Teenagers with attitude to protect the earth. Jason gets the Power of the Tyrannosaurus, and he can pilot it and stuff. Let's-a-move on!
Box
I absolutely love this box, it's nice and this is the Wave one box, I might review the Wave 2 Figure which is the same figure, it's just a different box. The front has a really nice picture of the Tyrannoranger suit, the Power Rangers 20th logo and a picture of the prototype on the side. The the top right has the Power Rangers Megaforce logo. The sides have pictures of the prototype armored and un-armored. The back has the Megaforce Logo and rangers, an ad for the Tokyo vinyls and pictures of the prototype.
The prototypes, the Dragon dagger is painted nicely but doesn't have any green, it does have a silver blade and nicely painted gold handle and the pipes and keys. The blade blaster had black, silver and red. The armbands looked as if they could open up instead of putting them in by taking off the hands. The prototyope had no ab crunch. It also gives "the story" for the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (S1).
"5 teenagers with attitude are recruited to
protect the earth against the Evil
Rita Repulsa. Lead by the heroic Zordon
they recieve supepowers beyond their
wildest dreams. Summoning the dinosaur powers
they transform into the morphinominal team known
as the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers."
So yeah, that's the story, I honestly love the show and I like Zyuranger too. They're completely different and the way they found a way around using the Zyuranger footage is great, but it does have some clips of Rita that get re-used over and over and over again, sometimes it's inconsistent and sometimes it's just weird... But good show overall so far.
Contents
For $20 at Toys R Us (16.99 else where and I got lucky for getting it at 30 online... and then I go to Toys R Us after getting it and finding another two) it does come with quite a lot, The Dragon Shield (Armour), the armbands, the Dragon Dagger, the Power Blaster gun mode, the Power Sword, and a pair of holding hands plus the ones he already has.
Figure
Live I've mentioned before I have quite a lot of fond memories of the Zyuranger suits, that and the fact that I like the Color Red and Tyrannosauruses... maybe that's what started my liking to those things... maybe Gaoranger/Wild Force is the reason I like Lions. Anyways, this figure is fantastic! I've mentioned before with the Armored Ultra Mode Red Ranger and Blue Ranger that I love the base bodies they used, they're much more proportionate than the 15th anniversary ones, they're also more articulated and detailed and just overall more fantastic. It has 20+ points of articulation and it feels great, they're also not as pumped as the 15th anniversary ones and I'm getting used to this buff style, it looks well.
They're painted in the front and in the back and they have pegs for the weapons and stuff.
Overall, this figure is an A+ in my opinion, it has a fair amount of accessories and for 16.99-30 dollars that's pretty good. They're bigger than the figuarts and they're a little more playable and they serve as good display pieces. With the S.H. Figuarts Tyrannoranger out and the S.H. Figuarts Red Ranger online they're probably the way to go with screen accuracy but this is still a fantastic figure, specially since you can put on the armour and it comes with the Armbands and accurate Dragon shield with straps. S.H. Figuarts Armored Tyrannoranger comes out I think in December and here in January I believe so if you want that get it, if you want this, get it.
The helmet looks more like the actual Tyrannoranger suit, however unlike the 15th anniversary one it does not have sculpted in teeth for the side of the visor. The side of the visor isn't completely filled in and it does bother me a bit.
The Morpher Buckle is painted silver and has the red rim around the Tyrannosaur coin. The sentai boots and gloves are a win IMO, and the back of the belt is accurate, it did have the strap instead of the little square the Megaforce figures have. The places where the pegs are or where the holsters are supposed to be are different than the Megaforce Ranger's belts.
Accessories
It comes with 2 pairs of hands and set of weapons.
Hands
Open palm hands with a hole on the left one, it's used to hold the Dragon Dagger properly.
A pair of holding hands for the weapons.
Weapons
The Power Blaster in gun mode, it's a little too large and the top bit isn't pushed in.
It looks weird when it's being held so I try to leave it in the peg as much as possible. It's made of a very soft plastic.
Power Sword!
POWER SWORD!... ahem, the power sword is the Red Ranger's personal weapon, after Zordon tells them about their legendary weapons we cut into Zyuranger footage from weapons that we'ver never seen before or see ever again (until they're used by mistake in stock footage) turn into the Power Weapons.
The Power Sword is nicely sculpted, and rather than having the little regal design carved in, it's embossed out (?). The Power Sword is also nicely sculpted at the hilt and the handle has the diamonds, if only it was painted properly it would be perfect, unfortunately it does not have the Tyrannoranger coin like the 15th anniversary one.
Just look at that detail! It just looks fantastic, swords are cool.
Armored Mode!
Since to does come with accurate Armour pieces it looks great! With it it just looks a lot nicer than it does without it.
The straps go under the armpits and it just looks great.
It is a dull "Gold" color, and they could have made it one piece of soft plastic with an opening in the back.
Dragon Dagger!
The Dragon dagger is nicely sculpted, I wish It was painted like in the prototype but whatever!
I say its nicely sculpted but the blade does look a little short. Oh how I wish It was painted like the prototype...
It's still nice either way, You can pull off a playing flute pose and it works with the shield on too, it's just a little difficult.
Power Card!
The card is ok, I wish It coulda come with an Armored Red Ranger card but this will do, my brother has that nice Armored one... Anyways, it does make a sound in the morpher!
Dislikes and Would Likes
Just a couple bits, maybe a hostler, Power Blaster in all modes, more paint, and that's just about it.
Overall
Overall, this figure is an A+ in my opinion, it has a fair amount of accessories and for 16.99-30 dollars that's pretty good. They're bigger than the figuarts and they're a little more playable and they serve as good display pieces. With the S.H. Figuarts Tyrannoranger out and the S.H. Figuarts Red Ranger online they're probably the way to go with screen accuracy but this is still a fantastic figure, specially since you can put on the armour and it comes with the Armbands and accurate Dragon shield with straps. S.H. Figuarts Armored Tyrannoranger comes out I think in December and here in January I believe so if you want that get it, if you want this, get it.





























No comments:
Post a Comment