Oh how this suit brings back memories, back when I was a wee lad from home country, I used to watch Power Rangers Wild Force on the Televison. My Brother and I would watch this along with its successor Ninja Storm. Power Rangers Fuerza Salvaje! we would say. Anyways, now onto the actual show, we would always watch it and I loved the suits and the mecha. Looking back at clips, the acting sucked, nevertheless, I still love watching the suits in action. This character is BLAZING LION! COLE EVANS! His actor, plays Deker in Power Rangers Samurai. Anyways, Power Rangers Wild Force is Disney's Adaptation, or Saban's adaptation of Toei's Super Sentai's 20th Anniversary. Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger, and Gao Red, a Veterinarian, Kakeru Shishi as the Leader of the Gaorangers chosen by Power Animal, Gao Lion.
I've watched a couple episodes of Gaoranger, it's alright, from what I've heard Wild Force and Gaoranger are very similar. The Morphs are exactly the same, I got this figure loose and I believe he has all his accessories except for the Lion Blaster and now for the Review.
Figure
The figure is pretty basic... a little too basic. This one is the one with the gimmick, but more on that later. The detail is pretty good, lacks sentai gloves and sentai boots but it's still pretty nice. The build of the figure is very buff. The cuffs of the boots and gloves have gold with a black outline on them.
It even has a holster, which is fantastic.
Detail/Sculpt
The chest has the strap and the collar around the neck. It also show's Wild Force Red's emblem, which of course, is a lion.
The helmet is nicely painted and has all the necessary detail to complete the look. Like I've mentioned before I love these suit's and their designs. I also like lions and tyrannosauruses and the color Red. I like how the visor looks having the helmet look as if it's the mouth of the Lion with the teeth.
Accessories
What's a hero without his weapon eh? ... nevermind, ahem. The red ranger comes with his Crystal Saber and the Jewel painted Red, the Crystal Saber can be held in the Holster. Each Wild Force ranger has the Jewel painted their respective color (eg. White, White and Black, Black). He can also hold it (duh)
And like Most Sentai and Ranger Seasons each ranger comes with his signature or individual weapon. He comes with the Red Lion Fang.
The red lion fang is nicely sculpted and painted, lacks paint in couple areas but it still looks nice. 

You can also split it into two and he can hold it as such.
It can also combine but I only have Red so maybe you'll see the final combination in the future.
Gimmick
Of course, like most kid's toys they will have a gimmick. One of them being is holding him by the legs and closing your hand making it's hands move up and down. It also has a lever on the back which you can play with to control the right hand. The Legs control both hands.
He can also hold things and stuff, You can slash evil with his puny plastic sword.
Articulation
Since this is a gimmick figure, the arms lock every some degrees. the cuffs of the figure allow the hands to rotate. The neck can turn 360. There is a cut over the knee which lets you turn the direction of the foot. That's about it. Oh, and the holster can move forward and back.
Scaling
The figure stands about 6 inches tall, he'll go well with your other 6 inch rangers and you can have a ton of fun having him claw the eyes out of your other figures.
Likes and Would Likes
Like every figure they have good points and bad points. This figure is... pretty good. I wish it was more articulated but then again it's a gimmick figure. The other figures which are very different from these have nice articulation, but those Wild Force figures are completely inaccurate. A minor issue is with the lack of paint on the back of the strap. I can let go of minor inaccuracies such as the 4 stripes instead of 5 golden stripes on the sash and the inaccurate black stripe on the Red Lion Fang. I woulda loved more color on this, but that's just being too picky.
Overall
Overall it's a fantastic figure and I recommend it for playing and for display if you'd like just don't expect much articulation and many poses to come out of this. It's a fun toy and It looks great.











No comments:
Post a Comment