Jason the Red Ranger! Not Rocky yet but I have a feeling maybe soon... I'm in episode 20 of season 2 of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and it's going pretty swell despite not using any Toei Footage, the fights are good but the costumes are awful. Never the less, they're using Dairanger Footage and you barely saw the 1st couple Dairanger Monsters on screen at the same time with the other rangers and only appeared in Zord footage. Later, when the White Ranger appears, you get some Dairanger footage if it involves the White Ranger but it uses mostly Saban footage and Jason is second in command because Tommy Rules... (Nope Jason is cooler) . In season one Jason is the leader and he's pretty awesome at being the leader.
Figure
I like Tyrannosauruses and I like the color Red, that said, I like Red Tyrannosauruses. I also had a thing for the Zyuranger suits because you know, MMPR, the 1st Power Rangers Seasons, and when you look at it, it's a nice and simple design and really not that elaborate but it just works and it looks good.
I never really got any of the MMPR 2010 figures since they had just changed the scale and I wasn't a big fan of the smaller figures but now I regret it. The proportions are a little weird but it doesn't look too bad. It has the detail for the wrinkles and the diamonds are sculpted. The Gloves aren't Sentai Gloves but they look ok. It still has a hole on the back for the dino glider which the originals had.
The Morpher is nicely painted but it doesn't have the black lining. The boots are indeed Sentai boots and the little line ends just where it would end in the suit's boots. The heel is painted black which is great!
From around the helmet looks just fine but the mouthplate isn't painted properly like it's Armored Might counterpart. The teeth for the Helmet are sculpted in but they aren't painted silver.
Accessories
You get 1 Power Ranger, the Power Blaster and the Power Sword. That's a lot of Power... for a Power Ranger...
Power Blaster Gun Mode
The Power Blaster Gun Mode is nicely sculpted and it's in a glittery black plastic.
It looks great when held.
Power Sword!
The Power Sword is awesome, I love it's design and it has the coin.
It looks giant.
Power Card
The card looks great, it has a picture of the Tyrannoranger Suit.
The card makes a sound in the Morpher.
Dislikes and Would Likes
It's the same mold just with metallic mold. They could have covered up the hole and the cloves could be changed too since the hands he has don't have much of a grip.
It looks great though and the weapons could have more paint, it also could have a holster and a sword mode for the Power Blaster.
Overall
It's a great addition to the Metallic Force Line and I can't wait to get White, LG Red, Zeo Red, The Green Ranger... I'm getting ahead of myself. It is awesome for your collection, for Zyuranger or Power Rangers.








No comments:
Post a Comment