Because I felt like it and I had time, I have time to review the NECA Godzilla 1994 which came out a while ago, I saw it and I had to have it. I think it looks great for plenty of reasons and a bit more poseable than the Monsterarts Heisei Goji that 1st came out... if only I had the renewal version which isn't called renewal but something else... Anyways, let's get moving.
Figure
This is NECA's attempt at something that we've seen before... the Heisei Suit, not just any Heisei suit, the 1994 suit, which actually does look extremely accurate.
The tail is really short compared to S.H. Monsterarts Godzilla, it has a wire in it and it come separate in the Package... speaking of Package, this one I couldn't open it once I got it ti'll I got home so... I did take pictures of it.
Packaging
I really like the packaging although it's not collector friendly.... The front has a picture of Bandai Creations Godzilla 1954 for whatever reason...
In the back there's a picture of the NECA toy.
Detail
The detail is fantastic, I absolutely love it, it looks like the suit, and the eyes aren't a mess.
From the side it looks good too, the neck looks better than the Monsterarts one.
The back looks cool, it's nicely painted.
The face looks great.
It's so nice from other angles too...
Articulation
This thing is really poseable on the top half of his body.
The head and neck are ball jointed and the jaw moves.
He can look up and the arms have a ton of joints.
The chest can move since its on a ball joint and man can it move.
His legs are on weird joints but the ankle joints are good.
The fingers can move a bit... but that's pretty much just palm.
Size
Pictures can make him look huge but he's only about 6 inches tall...
He's taller than Revoltech Gamera... maybe he wont be so small in January eh ;D
He's taller than his recent counterpart which shouldn't be the case but SHMA 2014 Goji came out already...
Taller than his other Heisei counterpart.
Taller than Mechagodzilla...
And definitely taller than Space Goji... I had to make him duck a bit.
Overall
I love this figure, It's just great. I can't really complain about it because I play with it more than the monsterarts... again I don't have the renewal version for plenty of reasons... I wish I had it though.. along with Biollante and King Ghidorah... Destoroyah... some Ultramen, Kamen Riders and Sentai Heroes... maybe some Sailor Senshi too...
No comments:
Post a Comment