Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Review: Godzilla (2014) - NECA Godzilla 12" (Head to tail)

Awesome Americanized Kaiju, good job!
Legendary Godzilla from Godzilla (2014) by Legendary Pictures! The movie was pretty radical with some good Kaiju references. NECA came out with this figure in May for the release of Godzilla and I've had it for a month now and I like it. I'm going to try and change my reviewing technique and try something new. 

Figure

 This is NECA's attempt at the Legendary Godzilla from the movie, from what I've heard they had the CG Model files from the movie and some parts were hand sculpted. It's about a foot in length. The tail is apart in the packaging and you have to pop it in.
The Overall height is about 6 inches and about the same size as a regular vinyl and Monsterarts.

Detail

This Godzilla is pretty well detailed and has a hint of spray on the stomach which is nicely sculpted. The hands are different from any other Godzilla that's been designed by Toho or the Tri-Star version. The face is nicely sculpted and has a crocodilian face.
The scales are different and not another color, they're much smaller than the regular Goji design but it works.
The head is nicely detailed and has the teeth sculpted too.
From other angles it looks absolutely amazing!

Articulation

It's pretty well articulated, the mouth moves, the head, neck, arms which can go all over the elbows and the wrists which are in ball joints. The body the hips and the knees. The feet and the tail which has a wire at the end.

Size

Scaling wise, it'll fit pretty well with your other figures and if you have mini tanks which are about maybe 1:600 scale...
If you have three aircraft carriers you'll be able to recreate scenes.
If you have the Godzilla Destruction set (which I'll review soon) you can get the planes, helicopters and the boat to the fullest effect.
Man, look at that.

Overall

It's a pretty awesome figure and even though the S.H. Monsterarts is coming out in a bit I still wanted this one and I'm even going to get the 24" and the 1990s Goji.

No comments:

Post a Comment