Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Review: Godzilla - NECA Godzilla 1985 (1984)


ゴジラ! I did just watch Godzilla 1984 or The Return of Godzilla! It was pretty good, I liked it, you know, some 80's Tokusatsu action. This one was the one I wanted a bunch since it was announced, I didn't notice the previous model... but they fixed it and it looks good! I like it.

Package

 The package goes with the 1985 because that was when the U.S. adaptation came out. It shows the figure well but you know, not the most collector friendly package.
And you have a nice picture of the figure in the back.

Figure

The figure is pretty nice and well detailed. It looks nice, specially from certain angles where he looks amazing. His eyes are pretty doofy like the suit.
That detail! The eyes, ears and teeth. Even the scales from the back.
The tail is short but the scales look really nice, the tail is on a wire.

Articulation

 The mouth can open, the shoulders, elbows and wrists can move.
 The neck has two joints.
 The waist, hips, knees, ankles and 5 ball joints on the tail.
 Unfortunately you don't have the hinges on the palms.
The knee joints on mine are a little tight so you have to loosen them up carefully if you get one like that.

Overall

Definitely my favorite out of the NECA figures (and the 4 Monsterarts I own) and I play with it quite often. Cant wait to get the 54 version, man, It looks nice but very much like a toy.
Skreeonk!

No comments:

Post a Comment